Best Self Tanners Consumer Reports, Reviews, Ratings, and Guides
If you are looking for the perfect tanner that will give you the best and most natural looking color, then we have done all of your work for you! We researched what all types of self tanners were on the market so that we could find the best ones. After comparing many different products, we came up with this list of the top five self tanners that are available on the market today.
The Best Self Tanners to Buy in 2022:
1/ Bondi Sands Dark Self Tanning Foam – Best Choice
2/ B. Tan Ultra Long Lasting Self Tanner – Recommended
3/ Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner Tanning – Best Price
4/ Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Self Tanner – Best Budget
5/ Beauty by Earth Self Tanner Tanning Lotion – Great Features
6/ St. Tropez Self Tan Classic – Good for daily use
7/ St. Tropez Self Tan Express
*Note: Score is based on our AI score (Editor’s choice and rating)
What are Self Tanners?
Self tanner is a cosmetic product used to darken the skin. It is typically applied to the face, neck, hands and other areas of the body that have little or no hair. Self-tanning products can be in the form of an aerosol spray, lotion, gel or mousse. They are usually rubbed into the skin and left for a few hours before washing off to reveal a deep bronze tan. Self-tanners work by increasing the production of melanin in your skin. Melanin is the pigment responsible for your natural colouring and also helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays. When you self-tan, you’re increasing the amount of melanin in your skin with a gradual process that doesn’t damage it or cause any side effects like sun exposure does.
Benefits of Self Tanners:
Self tanners are a great way to give yourself a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays. It’s important to understand the benefits of self tanning before you get started, so take a look at these top 4 reasons why self tanning can be beneficial:
1. The first reason is that it will help you achieve an even skin tone. If you’re looking for more even skin tone, then self tanning is the perfect solution for you!
2. A second reason is that it will help protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging. This is especially true if you have sensitive skin or have had issues with acne in the past.
3. A third reason is that self tanning will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face by evening out your skin tone across the entire surface area of your body—not just where you apply it directly!
4. Finally, this product will not only provide an even glow but also give off a subtle smell that leaves everyone around you feeling good about themselves too!
The pros and cons of Self Tanners:
• They give you a natural-looking tan without having to spend time in the sun.
• They are much safer than sunbathing or using a tanning bed, which can both cause skin cancer.
• They can help hide imperfections and make your skin look smoother.
• They are easy to apply and don’t require any special equipment.
• You can control how dark you want your tan to be.
• Some self tanners can have an unpleasant odor.
• They can be messy to apply and can stain your clothes if you’re not careful.
• You have to be careful to avoid getting it on your hands, since it can turn them orange.
There are a lot of great self tanners on the market, but it can be hard to know which one is right for you. We hope that our list of the best self tanners has helped you narrow down your choices and find the perfect product for your needs. Remember to always test a small area first before applying all over, and to exfoliate regularly to keep your skin looking its best. Do you have a favorite self tanner? Let us know in the comments below!