Buying guides for the best inexpensive soundbars for TV
Are you looking for a way to dramatically improve the sound of your television without breaking the bank? In this blog post, we will suggest some of the best inexpensive soundbars currently on the market to help elevate your viewing experience.
Whether you’re upgrading an older TV or buying a new one, getting a sound bar is an effective and affordable way to get bigger and better audio quality. We’ll evaluate both mid-priced and budget models from some of the biggest names in home audio technology so that you can easily find one that meets your needs.
What are soundbars for TV?
Soundbars for TVs are audio devices, which are connected to a television and provide enhanced sound quality. They are designed to produce higher-quality sound than what a television’s built-in speakers can provide.
They also help in eliminating clutter associated with having multiple external audio components, such as a separate amplifier and several speakers.
Benefits of soundbars for TV
Sound bars provide a more immersive audio experience for television, movies, and music. They also offer several benefits over traditional speakers systems such as:
- Cost: Soundbars are much more cost effective than purchasing multiple speakers to create a surround sound system.
- Space-Saving: Sound bars can be very compact, making them ideal for smaller spaces where multiple speakers would otherwise take up too much room.
- Improved Audio Quality: Many sound bar models have built-in subwoofers which produce deep bass tones that regular speakers cannot reproduce. This provides an enhanced listening experience when watching movies or playing games with realistic sound effects or music compositions.
- Easy Setup: Setting up a soundbar is much simpler than connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier. Most models come with all the necessary cables and instructions, so users can get started in just a few minutes.
- Wireless Connectivity: Many sound bars have built-in wireless technology such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for streaming audio from mobile devices or music services like Spotify and Pandora. This allows users to enjoy their favorite songs without having to plug in any extra components.
- Versatility: Soundbars are designed to be compatible with different TVs and entertainment systems, making them well suited for various kinds of media content such as movies, sports games, and video games. Some models even offer virtual surround sound technology which simulates the effect of multiple speakers positioned around the room.
- Convenience: Sound bars provide users with an all-in-one solution for audio that eliminates the need to purchase multiple speakers and cables. This makes them more convenient and user friendly compared to traditional speaker systems.
Pros and Cons of soundbars for TV
- Easy to install and set up: Most sound bars are typically quite easy to install, with many of them taking just a few minutes to connect. Some require a bit more effort if they use a subwoofer or rear speakers, but the overall process is usually still relatively straightforward.
- Versatile connectivity options: Many sound bars offer multiple audio inputs, allowing you to easily connect other devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, and streaming services. This allows you to enjoy high-quality audio from all your favorite sources.
- Improved sound quality: Soundbars can help improve the quality of your TV’s built-in audio system by offering clearer dialogue and deeper bass notes. They also provide better surround sound, creating a more immersive listening experience.
- Less flexibility than separate components: With sound bars, you don’t have as much flexibility in terms of placement or audio customization compared to using separate speaker components. This can be an issue if you want more control over your home theater setup.
- Limited soundstage: While sound bars can provide an immersive listening experience, the soundstage may not match that of a multi-channel system with separate components. This is more of an issue if you’re looking for a truly cinematic experience.
How to use sound bars for TV?
- Place the sound bar in front of the TV: Position your sound bar either directly below or above the television, with it centered on the television. This will ensure the audio coming from the sound bar is directed at you for an optimal listening experience.
- Connect it to your TV: Depending on what type of connections are available on both your TV and soundbar, you can use HDMI cables, optical digital cables, analog audio cables (3.5 mm), or RCA connection cables. Make sure to connect them securely and follow instructions provided by the manufacturer if needed.
- Plug it into a power outlet: Connect one end of a power cord to the back of your sound bar and plug the other end into an electrical outlet or surge protector.
- Set up the Audio Settings for your TV: Once your sound bar is connected to both power and audio, you can adjust your TV’s audio settings. To do that, enter the on-screen menu of your television and look for the audio settings. Select the soundbar as your main speaker option and set it to “on” if given an option.
- Enjoy Your New Sound Bar: You should now be able to enjoy movies, shows, sporting events, video games, and more with the improved audio quality compared to what you are used to! If you have a multi-channel surround sound system (most home theater systems) then follow additional instructions provided by the manufacturer to set up the system properly.
Common mistakes when using soundbars for TV
- Not taking the room size into consideration: The size of the soundbar should be in proportion to the size of the room. If you have a larger room, then a bigger sound bar with more power might be necessary.
- Not adjusting settings properly: Once you’ve installed your soundbar, make sure that all of your TV settings are adjusted accordingly. This includes volume, audio output type, and any surround sound settings that may be available on your system.
- Not considering other sources of sound: To get the most out of your sound bar, make sure to factor in where else you will be getting your audio from (Blu-ray players, video game consoles, etc.). You want to make sure all of these sources are set up properly and connected to the soundbar.
- Not positioning the sound bar correctly: The location of your sound bar is important, as this will affect how good the audio sounds. Generally, you should place it in a slightly elevated spot that’s close to your TV so that the sound waves travel easily and evenly throughout the room.
- Not updating firmware regularly: Most modern-day sound bars come with firmware updates released by their manufacturers from time to time. Make sure you update your firmware regularly for optimal performance and improved compatibility with other devices.
- Not using soundbar accessories: In order to really get the most out of your sound bar, you should look into investing in some compatible accessories such as a subwoofer and/or rear speakers. This will greatly improve the overall audio experience you get from your sound bar.
- Not troubleshooting issues properly: If you’re experiencing any kind of issue with your sound bar setup (e.g., static noise, poor sound quality), it’s important to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem correctly. Refer to the user manual, and online forums, or contact support for assistance if necessary.
Factors to consider before buying soundbars for TV
Sound Quality: The most important factor to consider when buying a sound bar is the quality of the sound it produces. You should look for models that offer a good bass response and clear, crisp highs. Additionally, many sound bars come with features like Dolby Digital surround sound and other advanced audio technologies that can provide an even better listening experience.
Connectivity: Most modern televisions come with HDMI, optical digital audio, or Bluetooth connectivity options. Make sure you look for a sound bar that supports your TV’s connection type so you can easily hook it up without needing any extra cables or adapters.
Price: As with any purchase, price is definitely an important factor to consider when choosing a soundbar. Soundbars range in price from budget models to more expensive, premium options with additional features. Pick one that matches your budget and needs without going over your limit.
Size: The size of the sound bar is also an important factor to consider when making a purchase. Generally, bigger sound bars offer better sound quality than smaller ones, but you have to make sure it fits in the space you plan on putting them in. Additionally, some models are designed to fit into specific TV stands or wall mounts so you should be aware of these limitations as well.
Extra Features: Many sound bars come with a variety of extra features such as built-in subwoofers, wireless streaming capabilities, and voice recognition technology. If these features are important to you, make sure you look for a sound bar that offers them.
Warranty: A good warranty is always worth considering when buying any electronics products—especially sound bars, which can be quite expensive. Look for models with at least one-year warranties and make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before making your purchase.
Ease of Use: The setup process involved in connecting and using a soundbar should also be taken into account, as some models may require more effort than others. Look for models with easy installation processes and intuitive control panels or displays that make it simple to adjust settings and connect other devices. Additionally, many models come with online access which allows you to control them remotely through an app or website.
Passive vs Active: One of the most important decisions you’ll have to make when purchasing a sound bar is whether to go for an active or passive model. Active models come with an integrated amplifier and can be hooked up directly to your TV, while passive ones require an external amplifier or receiver in order to work. Make sure to consider both options before making a decision.
Tips to use soundbars for TV
- Position the sound bar correctly: Make sure to place your sound bar in a location that allows for easy access and visibility. If you have wall-mounted speakers, make sure they are aimed at the seating area and not away from it.
- Connect the audio cables properly: Many sound bars come with multiple connection options. Be sure to use the right one for your TV so that you get full surround sound capabilities.
- Adjust volume levels: After connecting your sound bar, take some time to adjust the volume levels until you find a comfortable level of listening experience. It’s important to remember that too much bass can be overwhelming, so keep it at an appropriate level for the best results.
- Balance the sound: Many sound bars have equalizer controls that allow you to fine-tune the audio output according to your preferences. Make use of these settings and tweak them until you find a balance between bass, treble, mids, and other elements that work for your listening environment.
- Utilize additional features: Depending on the model of your sound bar, it may come with a variety of special features such as Bluetooth streaming or multiroom audio capabilities. Take advantage of these options to get the most out of your system.
- Keep it away from heat sources: Soundbars tend to overheat easily because they are packed tightly with electronics and speakers. To keep this from happening, make sure to keep your sound bar away from any direct sources of heat such as a fireplace or radiator.
- Regularly check for firmware updates: Soundbars are constantly improving with new features and technology, so it’s important to check for firmware updates regularly. This will ensure that you have the latest version available and get the best possible performance out of your system.
- Consider sound optimization services: If you’re looking for even more detailed audio quality improvements, look into sound optimization services that offer custom tuning for specific listening environments. These services can make a huge difference in how your sound bar sounds overall, so consider investing in one if you can find it within your budget.
Where should a soundbar be placed on a TV?
The ideal placement for a sound bar is directly under the TV or mounted on the wall below it. The positioning should be as close to the ear level as possible so that you get the best possible sound quality from your system. Make sure to leave enough space between the sound bar and the wall for proper airflow and bass response.
Additionally, if possible, angle the sound bar slightly towards the listening area to help focus audio in that direction. Lastly, make sure there are no obstructions blocking any of the drivers (such as furniture) as this can reduce overall performance.
Following these tips will ensure the optimal placement and performance of your sound bar!
Where should you not put a soundbar?
You should not place a soundbar behind obstructions such as walls, curtains, doors, furniture, or other pieces that could block the sound waves from reaching you.
Additionally, avoid placing your soundbar below or above a television or too close to surfaces that might reflect or absorb the audio output. The ideal placement is in front of your seating area and slightly elevated so that it is level with your ears.
Finally, be sure to keep a few inches of space between the soundbar and any other object, including the wall behind it. This will help ensure optimal sound performance.
There are a lot of great sound bars on the market, but not all of them are created equal. If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, check out our list of the best inexpensive soundbars for TV.
We’ve done the research so you don’t have to, and we can guarantee that these sound bars will deliver great quality without breaking the bank. So what are you waiting for? find the perfect sound bar for your home today!